Infrastructure Virtualisation Planning
Deciding which infrastructure to virtualise is one of the most important parts of any infrastructure virtualisation projects. Time needs to be taken to analyse current performance and workloads to discover how best to locate the new virtual servers. This can also give a good indication of which hardware can potentially be reused.
KN3 can help you to plan for a smooth migration:
Infrastructure Virtualisation Report
KN3 staff will analyse your servers establish their suitability for virtualisation.
- Hardware and Software
- Computers are audited using agents to capture hardware information
- Application utilisation is assessed either using tools or manual interviews
- Computer processor, storage and disk utilisation data is captured
- Each computer's suitability for virtualisation is identified
- Server types are identified to cover common usage
- Networking and storage requirements are estimated
- Required hardware for virtualisation is outlined
- Consolidation rations and potential hardware savings are calculated
- A full report of the existing environment and the recommended approach (or approaches) is provided
Other KN3 services to consider...