Desktop Virtualisation Planning
The decision to offer your users virtualised desktop computers is one which needs to be based upon the correct information to ensure a smoother acceptance. Performance, applications and hardware issues can all be avoided with some careful planning.
KN3 can help you to plan for a smooth migration:
Desktop Virtualisation Report
KN3 staff will audit your computers and applications to establish their suitability for virtualisation.
- Hardware and Software
- Computers are audited using agents to capture hardware information
- Application utilisation is assessed either using tools or manual interviews
- Computer processor, storage and disk utilisation data is captured
- The application list is analysed either as a complete list or by logical grouping such as site, department etc. with a view to understanding the real requirements
- Candidates for rationalisation such as multiple versions of a product or products with low utilisation are identified
- If application packaging or virtualisation is required the applications are categorised into type (easy, medium, hard)
- Licensing analysis can also be performed
- Desktop types are specified to cover the most common usage
- A full report of the existing environment and the recommended approach is provided