The first stage of any software, migration, standardisation, packaging or, packaging or virtualisation project is to understand which applications are installed and used in your environment. Unless strict controls have been placed upon application installation it is often the case that the real picture of software installed is very different to what is perceived.
KN3 can help you to understand your application estate:
KN3 staff will audit your computers either automatically or manually to establish which applications are installed and their level of utilisation.
- Computers are audited using agents, scripts or by hand
- Application utilisation is assessed either using tools or manual interviews
- The application list is analysed either as a complete list or by logical grouping such as site, department etc. with a view to understanding the real requirements.
- Candidates for rationalisation such as multiple versions of a product or products with low utilisation are identified.
- If application packaging is required the applications are categorised into type (easy, medium, hard).
- Licensing analysis can also be performed.
- A report of recommended actions is provided.
How KN3 Can Assist With This Phase...